Below are links that are useful regarding your real estate and tax needs. Please note that we do not endorse any of them.  If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call us at 310.478.9200 or email us at

Code Violation
To find out whether there are any City of Los Angeles code violations associated with a particular property, please click on this link.  

The purpose of the Internet based Property Activity Report is to allow easy access and visual display of general information from the Los Angeles Department of Building and Safety (LADBS) Plan Check and Inspection System (PCIS) and the Code Enforcement Information System (CEIS). This general information can be generated by either the address(es) or PCIS/CEIS number associated with it.

In addition to searching LADBS Property Activity Report, please use Los Angeles Housing Department (LAHD) Property Activity Report to access Code Enforcement information regarding properties with two or more dwelling units (duplexes and apartment buildings).


Credit Reports
This central site allows you to request a free credit report, once every 12 months, from each of the nationwide consumer credit reporting companies: Equifax, Experian and TransUnion.


To purchase HUD owned properties, please click on this link.

FHA Approved
To find out whether a condominium complex is FHA approved, please click on the this link.  This link will take you to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development's website.  You can search by state, city or zip code to find out whether the complex is FHA approved or not.


Green Home - Sierra Club
We at Sierra Club Green Home have created original educational content so you can get all the green home information you need in one place.  Please browse our green home articles to learn what steps you can take to lessen your footprint and get a healthy home.  Also, visit our Solar CenterCO2 Center and Home Health Center to learn even more on specific topics and read detailed green home articles.  And if you’re ever confused by a “green” term on our site, visit our green glossary to get back on track. 


Home Affordable Foreclosure Alternatives (HAFA) Program 
If your mortgage payment is unaffordable and you are interested in transitioning to more affordable housing, you may be eligible for a short sale or deed-in-lieu of foreclosure through HAFA SM. The benefit of a HAFA short sale is that you are no longer responsible for the difference between what you owe on your mortgage and the amount that your home sells for. You will also receive $3,000 in relocation assistance upon successful closing of your short sale or deed-in-lieu of foreclosures.  For more information, please click on the link above.  

Los Angeles Housing Department
The Los Angeles Housing Department is charged with the development of citywide housing policy and supporting safe and livable neighborhoods through the promotion, development and preservation of decent and affordable housing.  If you are interested in the following programs to help you with your purchase, please click on the link above:  

  1. Low Income Purchase Assistance (LIPA) Program
  2. Neighborhood Stabilization Program (NSP)
  3. Restore Neighborhoods LA, Inc. (RNLA)
  4. Mortgage Credit Certificate (MCC) Program.
  5. Moderate Income Purchase Assistance Program


Los Angeles County, Office of the Assessor
For more information and forms, please click on the link above.

To find out how much property taxes are owed on a particular property or to make an online payment, please visit Los Angeles County Treasurer and Tax Collector's website at  You must have the property's Assessor's I.D. number.

To find a property's ten (10) digit Assessor's Identification Number (AIN) from it address, please go to


If you like are not interested in going to the County Recorder's office and receiving a copy of the permits on file for a particular property, then you can use the company The Permit Report.   They will email you all the permits on file for a fee.


You can advertise your property or find current rental rates on the following sites:

Craigs List - It is free and you can use this site to get a feel for the current market as well. 

Westside Rentals - It is free for landlords but tenants pay a nominal fee.

Section 8 - If you would like to list your propert with The Housing Authority of the City of Los Angeles or get more information about Section 8 programs visit and find out what the current rents are in a particular neighborhood. 


To find a school in the Los Angeles Unified School District based on the property address, please click on the link.

To find a school in the Santa Monica-Malibu School Districts, please click on the link.  

Sex Offenders
To find out whether a registered sex offender lives near the property that you are interested in, please click on this link.  This link will take you to the State of California, Office of the Attorney General's website which lists designated registered sex offenders in California.  California's Megan's Law provides the public with certain information on the whereabouts of sex offenders so that members of our local communities may protect themselves and their children.  Scroll all the way down and click on Enter the California's Megan Law sex offender locater site.  


Section 8 - Housing Authority of the City of Los Angeles 
Any landlord can rent their unit to a Section 8 tenant.  By doing so, you will receive a portion of the rent directly from the Housing Authority of the City of Los Angeles each month.  For general information on how to list your property with Section 8, please click on the link above.